On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 02:54:10 -0700, Walter Marguccio wrote:

>I agree 100%. I told our programmers long ago to stick to
>BLKSIZE=0 *and* DSORG=PS for datasets on DASD. This always work
>(BLKSIZE close to half track).

This is not always true....

>I can't understand why such poor BLKSIZE are chosen. I would really
appreciate
>if anyone could shed some light on this.

When we switched, we found some programs specify block sizes and blocking
factors. If this happens, SDB doesn't get invoked. In this case, you HAVE to
specify a reasonable blocksize in your JCL.

I haven't seen this happen with any utilities, but I do see utilities
propogating
a bad blocksize from the input.