Sanaz,

I cut/paste this out of the user guide.

If an online clone is desired (DB2 SET LOG SUSPEND) is issued to suspend
transactions.

This procedure requires the following:
If a DB2 data-sharing group is being cloned, all members of the group should
also be cloned.

For a data-sharing environment, the target DB2 XCF structures should also be
deallocated prior to the first starting of the target DB2 subsystem.

For a DB2 data-sharing environment, the special zparms will need to be set up
for each target member.

Because the source DB2 subsystems are active at the time of the clone, any one
of them may have a 'lock' outstanding on a DB2 table. These outstanding locks
are carried into the target DB2 sharing environment. To free these locks in the
target environment, the corresponding target member will need to be started in
maintenance mode with its own special zparms.

To prevent undesirable processing on the target DB2 subsystem during its first
start-up, APAR PQ77546 (PTF UQ80188) needs to be applied. This PTF applies only
to DB2 V7 and is included in DB2 V8.

On the source DB2 subsystem, no utilities should be running or registered in
SYSUTILX when the source DB2 subsystem is cloned. This is recommended because
the source DB2 subsystem can become corrupted when the target DB2 subsystem
cleans up the entries it finds in Sysutilx.

Resumption to source DB2 can be accomplished in minutes. How large is the
source DB2 subsystem you wish to clone? Number of volumes and number of
tablespaces.

I also point you to the following website for additional information.

https://www.mainstar.com

https://www.mainstar.com/pdf/SAP-Brochure.pdf