Sanaz,

It was mentioned in an earlier mail that XRC operates on the volume level.
It knows nothing about VTOCs, VVDS, or datasets. You don't create anything
on the secondary volume because XRC is designed to copy the Primary volume
over the secondary volume.

When you first create an XRC pair all of the contents of the Primary volume
are copied to the Secondary volume. If there is anything on the secondary
volume before you do the copy it is toast. If you updated anything on the
secondary volume, the updates are toast. What you have is an exact replica
of the Primary volume.

I don't think XRC is the right copy product for what you are trying to do.

Ron

Behalf Of