From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Walter Marguccio
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 4:53 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Pricing of Software Licenses

>From: Ted MacNEIL <eamacn...@yahoo.ca>
>Subject: Re: Pricing of Software Licenses

>I've had success with vendors

>You have to be resolved to be willing to drop the product. We were.
>Low revenue is better than no revenue, as far as a vendor is concerned.

I agree 100%. Unfortunately it also depends on how deep the role of the vendor
product is.
We were able to kick CA 1 and CA-Disk out within 4 months because CA didn't
adhere to SCP.
I'm afraid we won't succeed with ADABAS in favor of DB2. Rewriting our
application would take
years. And the SAG knows it.

Walter Marguccio
z/OS Systems Programmer