Eric Bielefeld pisze:
I had a problem once with an APF library not being RACF protected. I set up a library for something, I can't even remember what, and put it in the APF list. Unfortuneatly, it was the only APF library that had RACF protection allowing update by anyone. We had an audit about 2 years or so before the datacenter closed for good, and the audit tool that was used pointed out that problem. Of course, it was fixed within minutes of finding it. I can't remember the name of the tool, but I know it was very good, and expensive, although we finally bought it only after my boss negotiated a really good deal.

DSMON.
*Free* (part of z/OS with RACF).
Shows  several reports including protection of "important" datasets.

BTW: DSMON and possibly other tools only shows partial security information about datasets. In case of DSMON you will know whether dataset is RACF protected (*) and what is UACC of the profile.
THAT'S NOT ENOUGH!
I remember I found an APF library with UACC(NONE), but on the access list there was a group "everyone" with ACCESS(ALTER). In other words you have to assess whether the protection is right - what teams (groups) have access to it. IMHO no tool can do it.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 01.01.2009 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA (w caoci
wpacony) wynosi 118.763.528 zotych. W zwizku z realizacj warunkowego
podwyszenia kapitau zakadowego, na podstawie uchway XXI WZ z dnia 16 marca
2008r., oraz uchway XVI NWZ z dnia 27 padziernika 2008r., moe ulec
podwyszeniu do kwoty 123.763.528 z. Akcje w podwyszonym kapitale zakadowym
BRE Banku SA bd w caoci opacone.