Ted MacNEIL wrote:
>I have never trusted that exit/run-time report.
>When I want to check out CPU times for jobs, I always go for the
>appropriate SMF records (usually TYPE30 -- Job/Step Accounting:
>depending on sub-type).

>Do you have the appropriate tools to analyse SMF records?

Not really -- or at least, not the skills to do so. I do recognize the value of
having "real" tools, so maybe I'll have to go that route.

But (and this is a straight question, I'm not arguing!) surely if the values in
standard job output are wrong, they might have been corrected sometime in the
last 45 years of OS? That just seems unlikely.

...phsiii