# ./rexxstor

                 V I R T U A L    S T O R A G E    U S A G E

                       Region requested: 55296K

             Max Priv     Region     Region     Region     Region
             Reg Size      Limit       Size     In-Use      Avail
             --------   --------   --------   --------   --------
Below 16M:      9192K      6564K      6564K         8K      6556K
Above 16M:   1961984K     32768K     32768K       712K     32056K

Above 2G :        10M     (64-bit MEMLIMIT)
MEMLIMIT Source: SMF
#

This is z/OS 1.9

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Mark Zelden <mark.zel...@zurichna.com>wrote:

> On Tue, 26 May 2009 11:56:13 -0400, Mark Pace <mpac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I've installed the IBM 64-bit SDK for z/OS V6 but the verification process
> >is failing.
> >
> >export the path and display
> ># echo $PATH
> >/usr/lpp/java/J6.0_64/bin:/bin
> ># echo $DISPLAY
> >xx.xx.xx.xx:0.0
> >#
> >
> ># java -version
> >Error: Port Library failed to initialize
> >Could not create the Java virtual machine.
> >
> >Google doesn't turn up anything useful on that error message.  Has anyone
> >seen this message before?
> >

> Do you have (enough) 64-bit storage (MEMLIMIT) available to you under the
> shell / environment you are testing under?  If you aren't sure or want
> to check, download the REXXSTOR exec from my web site and execute it
> from the shell you are working with.
>
> Mark
> --
> Mark Zelden
> Sr. Software and Systems Architect - z/OS Team Lead
> Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group - ZFUS G-ITO
> mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com
> z/OS Systems Programming expert at
> http://expertanswercenter.techtarget.com/
> Mark's MVS Utilities: