From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Rob Lister
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 6:08 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: DB2 vs SYBASE or ORACLE

Hi Folks,

Certainly don't want to start a mine-is-bigger-than-yours debate, but Could
any DB2 DBA help me (I hope) riddicule the following comment?

"Well, to put a bit of perspective on it.  DB2 is a crap database that is
pushed
by IBM.  Compared to Sybase and Oracle it's the equivalent of an old Skoda
held together with bits of filler and newspaper"

and, to add emphasis......(after I accused him of being brainwashed or
blinkered).........

"just been in the real world working with all platforms.  I've worked with DB2
and as an Oracle DBA (and I started off on Sybase) I know shinola and I know
shit"
..snip

Many thanks for any/all observations.

Cheers,