Bob, thanks for the detailed information, it is very much appreciated.

I've tried adding -DLARGE_FILE_SUPPORT however received the following errors
during compilation :

cc -c -o ../mvs/cmsmvs.o -D_OPEN_SYS -DMVS -DREENTRANT -DLARGE_FILE_SUPPORT
-I.. -I../cmsmvs ../cmsmvs/cmsmvs.c

ERROR CCN3343 ./../cmsmvs/cmsmvs.c:193   Redeclaration of filetime differs from
previous declaration on line 774 of "../zip.h".
CCN0793(I) Compilation failed for file ./../cmsmvs/cmsmvs.c.  Object file not
created.

FSUM3065 The COMPILE step ended with return code 12.
FSUM3017 Could not compile ../cmsmvs/cmsmvs.c. Correct the errors and try again.
FSUM8226 make: Error code 3

The complete compile output with other WARNING messages is attached (if it
comes through the listserver).

I did manage to compile with -DZIP64_SUPPORT option. It however does not allow
the zip of big files (>2GB).

Also according to zip31b.ann file the -MV should be in :
- MVS updates, including new -MV option to control path translations.

I have also posted this to Info-Zip forum.
Your assistance is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Vikesh Bhoola