>Does LE dump all user storage, or does it try to be 'intelligent' and only
>dump storage that it determines should be in use?
My guess is that it tries to be intelligent and only dump what belongs to the
abending LE enclave (usually the abending tcb). Don't know about storage in
different keys.

>Of course, if common storage is required the application should do the
>SDUMPX itself. But if LE is missing what SYSUDUMP would have, it is LE that is
>messing things up.
Somewhere it is descibed that sysudump and sysabend dump is only useful for
key8 programs that will never need storage owned by another tcb and a
sysudump doesn't dump non-key-8-storage and only storage owned by the
abending tcb. You won't see the task structure, for instance. No matter what
the vendor (or IBM, for that matter) says, a  sysudump for an APF-authorized
application isn't really useful. Hence my ban in all STC JCL that is APF-
authorized.

Check the archives for a post by the late Bob Wright. The essence of that
is: "SYSMDUMP does only one ASID, and there is quite a bit of work done by
the code supporting SYSMDUMP to only allow you to see what your code could
see of the system. Storage that was fetch-protected relative to your code
should not get into a SYSMDUMP since you own the data set where it is
placed. SVCDUMP writes its data into a data set owned by the installation and
is presumed to be viewed only by trusted personnel. RACF, DFSMS, .. data can
go there that would be inappropriate in a SYSMDUMP".

Regards, Barbara