Lizette,

I basically know how it works in a standard way, when the code is written to
branch and run on zIIP or zAAP
But what is claimed here is they can move existing workload to run on a zIIP CP.
And of course you may save millions ( that's what they claim )
That would be a pretty interesting novelty
It is so amazing that it is difficult to wait for the 15/07 to hear a bit more

Bruno Sugliani
zxnetconsult(at)free(dot)fr
http://zxnetconsult.free.fr

it
On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:20:05 -0400, Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>Bruno,
>
>My understanding is if the software is using pre-emptable SRBs then the
work can be moved to a zIIP engine.  We have Shadow Direct and it is using
zIIPs.

>I am not sure how much "technical" specs you are looking for on zIIP.  The
Vendor may not tell you all of his/her secrets in using zIIP engines.  :-D