From: Linda Mooney [mailto:linda.lst...@comcast.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 4:36 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: ERASEDATA - DASD disposal

I am in the process of retiring 3 RAMAC 2 racks, each with a 3990 mod 6
controller, and 1 RAMAC 3 rack, with a 9293 controller.  All data has been
moved to new DASD.  The RAMAC DASD will be surplused so I have to be sure that
the data has been wiped clean and nothing is recoverable - w ithout physically
damaging the devices.  All of the DASD is 3390-3.