>If the zXXP engines are for SRB (pre-emptible) work, then my understanding is
>that the SRB cannot have any SVCs save for OPEN.
>So I am wondering how the process could work when normal TCB work would have
>SVCs it executes

I think you are confusing SRB's with SRB's. (8-{]}

The SRBs that are elligible for z**P processing existed long before the
specialty processors did.
They are called Enclave SRB's, and are pre-emptible, whereas normal SRB's are
not.

So, all the z**P processing does is now move the work off of GP's. The rules,
other than where they run, have not changed.
-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!