Taking the electric meter example. What if I install solar electicity panels?
Am I stealing ressources and bypass the power companies meter? Am I not allowed
to use the electricity that the panels produce, just because I have a contract
with the power company? Or am I not allowed to replace the old lamps with
energy saver lamps, just because I have a contract with the power company?
Thats difficult. But I am not a lawyer. Just comparing.

By that definition any attempt to rewrite a CICS transaction to run parts of
the work as SRB would be a violation, since that piece of software would likely
not be eligable by the definition of IBM?! So with a PC example, do I have to
ask Microsoft to write a software that speeds up the Windows bootup process and
sell it?
Or assuming that a software tweeks an operating systems control block to e.g.
allow to run as zxxP eligable is considered violating some agreement, any
software (e.g. delta VT or Omegamon or Mainview) that manipulates control
blocks for ease of use or saving an IPL (which burns CPU and ressources) would
be also considered unauthorized software, because rather than using documented
APIs it changes bits in control? blocks of licensed IBM software and it might
over a period of 12 months save you buying one additional CP?

Denis.