If that JES is JES2, you'll want to review the material at

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/installation/zos17_jes2_migration.html

Bob

Bruce McKnight wrote:
Greetings all,

(I posted this on Google groups a while ago but would like to reach a larger audience.)

I've got a 1.4 system that needs to be upgraded to 1.9 before we get our new z10. Rather than going from 1.4 to 1.7 and then to 1.9, I'm considering going straight to 1.9.

I've already got the 1.7 compat and fallback PTFs on the 1.4 system but I don't really see the benefit to migrating to an unsupported OS. I did something similar a few years ago when I took the OS/390 2.9 system to z/OS 1.4 in a single step.

It's a pretty straightforward set up. No sysplex or shared resources. Not much USS or anything like Java or web enablement. There are a number of usermods that will probably have to be reworked but I had to do that last time. Only 3 JES exits.

Does anyone know of any gotchas or showstoppers?
Thanks in advance.