From: Hal Merritt <hmerr...@jackhenry.com>
Subject: Re: z/OS SCRT NO89 Product Information
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 3:11 PM

That's not how it works. The NO89 covers products that do not cut SMF type 89
usage records.

You are already paying for licensed products at full capacity. If you know you
are not running a given product on LPARX, then include all of the others. Even
if you are running it everywhere, you can still achieve sizable savings or,
perhaps more importantly, make a good business case for a much bigger box you
can grow into instead of a too small box you grow out of.

You may not see any savings if your box is too small.