There is a discussion of I/O priority in the Channel Sub-system in the IRD Redbook.
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg245952.html?Open

On 2012-07-13 12:00 AM, IBM-MAIN automatic digest system wrote:
Date:    Thu, 12 Jul 2012 18:35:57 +0000
From:    "Starr, Alan"<alan_st...@calpers.ca.gov>
Subject: Re: IBM System Storage Channel Command Reference?

Thank you David, John and off-list contributors for providing useful
information. Reiner Markus's query about STORAGESERVERMGMT had made me curious
about how I/O Priority Queuing is implemented in channel programming.
--
Tom Russell

“Stay calm. Be brave. Wait for the signs.” — Jasper FriendlyBear
“... and remember to leave good news alone.” — Gracie HeavyHand