From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Charles Mills
Sent: 17 July 2012 14:53
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Help with elementary CPU speed question

I have gotten dragged into a CPU performance question; a field I know little
about.

I run a test on a 2094-722. It is rated at 19778 SU/Second. The job consumes
.146 CPU seconds total.

I run the same job on a 2064-2C3. It is rated at 13378 SU/Second. All other
things being roughly equal, should I expect that the job will consume 1.48
(19778/13378) times as much CPU time, or .216 CPU seconds?

Is my logic right, or am I off somewhere? I'm not worried about a millisecond
or two; just the broad strokes.

Thanks,

Charles