> Well, Batch LSR Subsystem(BLSR)  started out as a sample of how to write
> subsystem, IIRC. I think it was in a WSC orange book.
>
> But I don't know how to locate it now. Anyone?

  The Subsystem Interface in MVS/SP Version 3   GC66-3131-00
  August 1989

  I have a hardcopy of a pre-publication draft of this book.
It was from WSC, but I don't know what color the published
version was.

  The authors of the book wrote an assembler language subsystem
which was originally going to be included with the book as a sample
program.  That code ended up being rewritten in PL/AS, renamed as
Batch LSR, and shipped as a PTF on top of MVS SP 3.1.3.  The
original assembler code is probably long gone.  I thought I had
kept a copy, but:

ARC1010I USER REQUEST FOR A MIGRATED DATA SET FAILED.
ARC1001I D10JHM1.PHPD.PLAS  RECALL FAILED, RC=0003, REAS=0004
ARC1103I MIGRATION/BACKUP/DUMP VOLUME NOT AVAILABLE

> Has anyone found where there is documentation on how to code a SUBSYSTEM
> that could be the target of a JCL DD SUBSYS=(xyz,abc) statement? I am
> looking for information on how to code the subsystem itself and how to
> pick up the DD information and the PARM passed to the subsystem.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY