On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:05:44 +0200, Miklos Szigetvari  wrote:

>     Hi
>
>I don't know if it is an sftp specific issue or not
>We have here never used sftp, but we are using ZFS instead of HFS.
>For me it would be interesting to know who is writing full the file system.
>Maybe a TRAP on errno2 if it is not clear
>
>On 30.07.2012 07:31, NAIDOO, Raleigh wrote:
>> I have configured sftp to run under USS on my z/OS V1.11 system. The
>> physical HFS file system associated with sftp files seems to continuously
>> run out of space.  The data in this physical file system is transient in
>> that it is removed once it has been copied to the mainframe for inbound
>> files and sent on for outbound files. Therefore, we should not see any
>> cumulative growth in size of the physical file system but there is. I read
>> somewhere that there is a sync daemon which runs at specified intervals
>> which release unused space. How does work and what can I check to see if it
>> setup correctly? Any other suggestions on how to manage this fragmentation
>> like space creep.

Sync typically runs every few seconds.

    http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/bpxza4c0/17.15

Title: z/OS V1R13.0 UNIX System Services User's Guide
Document Number: SA22-7801-14

describes

    17.15 Listing process IDs of processes with open files

It appears that "fuser -cu" might provide useful information.

-- gil