Synthesizing a compromise:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:42:02 -0500, Mark Zelden  wrote:

>Sorry, I use the web interface and I still hate (is that too strong a word)
>top posting.
>I naturally read from the top down and scrolling down, reading, then scrolling
>up,
>while scrolling down again to read a post, then scrolling up again gets me
>dizzy.

I use NoScript to disable scripts as much as feasible, in a vain
attempt to send a message to web authors (who are making it
ever less feasible.)  So I don't see mouseovers.  Except I see
(some of) xkcd's mousovers.  How?

I enabled scripts for ua.edu.  Still no mouseovers.  Something
in Preferences?  (LISTSERV's or Firefox's?)

Wouldn't it be neat if LISTSERV provided a synopsis option, either
as an auxiliary text entry box, or by markup in the message body?
But this effect might be achieved by top-posting a synopsis, then
reverting to "interspersed bottom-posting" for the remainder of
the ply.

-- gil