HSEND RECYCLE EXECUTE VOL(xxxxxx) FORCE ? What you have described is usually
successful.

You might also recall the datasets past the damaged point individually. When
all have been recalled HSEND RECYCLE EXECUTE VOLUME(xxxxxx) FORCE
This tape should then free up without a mount.

HTH,

<snip>
I am trying to recycle a damaged ML2 tape.  The RECYCLE rolls along however
when it hits a particular dsn the recycle terminates.  I deleted the migrated
dsn (ML2) so as to bypass the problem however it doesn't work.  Is there a way
of having the RECYCLE bypass this troublesome dsn on the ML2 tape?
</snip>