On 8/28/2012 7:27 AM, Knutson, Sam wrote:
The biggest surprise for me was zAware the new monitoring appliance running in
an LPAR.  This appears to be chargeable and currently just monitoring messages
but moving infrastructure overhead and function out of the z/OS space into an
LPAR is the MIPS Vacuum for this type of workload I have hoped to see for a
while now.

When I first heard about this, I thought of you right away, Sam! I sorely wanted to ask if you had any direct input into this design! :-)

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc