On Sat, 1 Sep 2012 21:46:36 -0400, Doug wrote:

>Gill Agreed!
>HFS/zFS With DFDSS should be made to honor user allocation specifications
>for data set restore.

No.  I'll go further than that.

It should allocate as the primary extent the largest available
eligible extent.

It should allocate as the first secondary extent, if needed,
the largest remaining eligible extent.

It should allocate as the next secondary extent ... and so on.

It's a computer; it should employ the program do the dirty work,
but do it correctly.

>Typical work around is to reallocate and manually copy the zFS.
>Last PMR with IBM on this topic just gave me the run around.
>So, that is why I am asking this brain trust the question.

Sheesh!  I assume run around is spelled "WAD".

-- gil