No doubt this is wonderfully documented somewhere but I am sitting here
tearing my hair out.

I have a C++ *batch* program that I could not get to open a conventional
z/OS dataset by name to save my life until I finally figured out it was
prepending my userid onto the specified name a la TSO.

If I have encountered this behavior before and/or how to turn it on and off
I have forgotten. It sure does not jump out at me from the manuals.

IBM LE C running in batch: what determines whether it prepends your userid
onto a conventional z/OS dataset name?

Thanks!

Charles