My other programs do not behave this way, apostrophes or no.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 8:18 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: C and LE -- when prepend userid on file names?

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 22:04:02 -0400, Ed Finnell wrote:

>PROFile NOPRE
>HELP PROFile
>

>In a message dated 9/14/2012 7:30:09 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
>scott_j_f...@yahoo.com writes:
>
>TSO it's  prefix

Does this apply even outside TSO? Does LE read the TSO profile
data set to make the decision?  I believe that in UNIX System
services (USS) the cp(1) command et al. prefix any data set name
not surrounded by apostrophes with the user ID (not the defined
TSO prefix).

Try surrounding your data set name with apostrophes.

Not all the world is TSO.

-- gil