From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John Chase
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:05 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ShopzSeries SSL Connectivity Test

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 06:44:53 -0700, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

>Turn on some FTP tracing. You can do it in FTP.DATA. Take a look at the TRACE
>(?) statement in the CS configuration manuals and pick some plausible options.
>
>Charles

Not much new with TRACE in the FTP.DATA:

EZA1554I Connecting to: dispby-117.boulder.ibm.com 170.225.15.117 port: 21.

220-IBM's internal systems must only be used for conducting IBM's

220-business or for purposes authorized by IBM management.

220-

220-Use is subject to audit at any time by IBM management.

220-

220 dhebpcb01 secure FTP server ready.

GU4945 ftpSetApplData: entered

EZA1701I >>> AUTH TLS

234 SSLv23/TLSv1

FC0994 authServer: secure_socket_init failed with rc = 420 (Socket closed by
rem
ote partner)

EZA2897I Authentication negotiation failed

EZA1534I *** Control connection with dispby-117.boulder.ibm.com dies.

Still nothing substantive about "rc = 420" that I can find anywhere.  Time to
try "poke hole in firewall", I guess.

    -jc-