From:   "Pew, Curtis G" <curtis....@austin.utexas.edu>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   10/10/2012 07:45 AM
Subject:        Re: 3390 Mod54 for sys volumes
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

On Oct 10, 2012, at 8:12 AM, CAPRON Romain <capron.rom...@matmut.fr>
wrote:

> We want to minimize the number different geometry for our dasd. We're
asking if it's reasonable to only use mod54 dasd.
> More and more people say that with modern dasd storage, it's no more
usefull to work with 3390-9 and 3390-27...
> All of your dasd are pprc"ed"

That's what I've done; all z/OS volumes are 3390-54. (I still have a few
z/VM volumes that are 3390-9.) This does mean that some volumes are mostly
empty, but I'm getting ready to implement dynamic provisioning on our
storage system so even that won't be a concern.

--
Curtis Pew (c....@its.utexas.edu)
ITS Systems Core