On 10/10/2012 6:27 PM, Lizette Koehler wrote:
Just want to make sure I understand what IBM told me once.

Is it true that when you have a large number of recalls (and I am talking
10,000 or more at a time) that HSM will identify which ones are on which
migration tapes and stack them accordingly.  Or is it still a manual process of
identifying which datasets are on what migration tapes and doing the recalls in
tape volser bundle?

For example I may have 3000 datasets on tape V00012.  So I would pull a list of
datasets on that tape and then issue the recall for all of those files in one
recall bunch.

Or could I recall all 10,000 files and HSM will recall the datasets all from
the same tape at one time and not do mount tape, unmount tape, mount tape,
unmount tape and so on.

Thanks

Lizette

Lizette,

It's upposed to work that way.  Open a PMR if it doesn't.

Tom