Query for Destination z article on chargeback systems

I'm writing article for Destination z -- http://destinationz.org/ -- giving tips on chargeback systems. I'm interested in reasons for/against implementing chargeback; technical tips for implementing; political hints for inflicting, including getting management buy-in; financial aspects for setting fair rates; suggestions for DEFINING fair rates; native tools, vendor and free offerings, home-grown systems; problems/pitfalls/gotchas/solutions; reality matters for preventing mainframes from being burdened with unrelated costs and overheads; etc.

For this one, brief anecdotes -- war/horror stories describing good/bad/neutral experiences -- will be useful. I'll review list archives but pointers to relevant threads will help.

Operating system-agnostic tips and system-specific issues/tips/tools are both essential.

As usual, please copy me directly so I don't miss responses in list digests. Thanks...

--
Gabriel Goldberg, Computers and Publishing, Inc.       g...@gabegold.com
3401 Silver Maple Place, Falls Church, VA 22042           (703) 204-0433