The COBOL Performance Tuning paper talks about the performance differences of
using EXEC CICS LINK vs COBOL dynamic CALL. Perhaps this will be helpful to
you. You can find the performance tuning paper on the COBOL page at:
http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/cobol/library/ (scroll down near the
bottom of the page). The most current one is Enterprise COBOL Version 4 Release
2 Performance Tuning (which is at the top of the list). The CICS section starts
on page 27.

Rick Arellanes
IBM COBOL Development and Performance