From: RCG
Sender: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
ReplyTo: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
Subject: CPU Utilization
Sent: 7 Nov 2012 09:30

Dear Group,

In one of the shop that I work, I have CPU constraint where the utilization
is @ 100% most of the times and that is impacting much of the services
which is obvious, I am not a Performance / Capacity expert nor thats my day
to day work, Though I am still looking for the ways where we can better the
utilization and atleast reduce the impact, additional CPU would definitely
resolve that, But that is not something the customer is interested with, I
am doing some reading to help tune the performance, Also trying to figure
out any batch loads that are of not high priority to run over a non-peak
hours which might help a bit to it, Any expert advice on the other ways
that i can consider to help would be highly appreciated, Thanks much in
advance !

Regards,

-
Ted MacNEIL