From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John Gilmore
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 11:13 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: "New" way to do UCB lookups

Lindy,

The point Propertius---and I, derivatively---was making was that how people
think about their problems, the kinds of questions they ask, etc., etc, are
shaped by what they do.

We are all creatures of our experience; and that experience is different for
each of us.

What this thread established once again was that we often talk at cross
purposes here because we are so different, see the world refracted through so
many different epistemes.  There is, I am sure, a place for non-reentrant,
unserialized code in some universe of
discourse, but not in mine.   My objections to it are intellectual
certainly, but they are also visceral.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA