On 11/30/2012 10:20 AM, McKown, John wrote:
To me, and to every shop I've ever worked at, SEV 1 means "we're dead and we are all
staying here until we are working again." One time, this meant a 36 hour shift for
all 3 sysprogs. I was much younger then.

The inability to run daily system backups doesn't, on the surface, seem to rise to the level of SEV1. (Your systems are not DOWN!)

OTOH, if while waiting for a diagnosis/fix you lose an important data set or even an entire DASD volume and don't have a suitable backup, things could get VERY painful VERY quickly.

Maybe they need a SEV 1.5. ;)

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc