Paul:

A *LONG* time ago I was told by an IBM friend that the CIA (NSA?) was able to retrieve data (in readable format) from a 3330 after quite a few writes. This was during the time (shortly there after) of the email debacle from the WH. My friend was sparse with details (he worked in the WH btw so he would not get specific).
Ed