On Sun, 24 May 2020 18:26:13 -0700, Charles Mills wrote:
>+1 (What the H*** is gained by uppercasing a CART where the underlying
>service supports any 64-bit value? Don't over validate! This is the problem
>with various utilities that could handle UNIX files except that the utility
>"validates" the filename and rejects slashes or lowercase letters.)

Most conspicuous to me is the failure of "TSO ALLOCATE PATH('/dev/null')"
on various ISPF panel command lines.

And semantic more than semantic, the failure of SYSEXEC or
AMATERSE UNPACK SYSUT1 when allocated to UNIX directories
or files.  It seems to be a gratuitous check on DSORG which can
be circumvented by pre-concatenating an empty Classic DSN.

-- gil