FDR MAP produces a physical map of the volume, with from-to CCHHR for each
dataset and their extents.

Kees

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
John McKown
Sent: 18 June 2020 15:36
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: dfdss equivalent to fdr map

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 7:53 AM Brian France <b...@psu.edu> wrote:

>   I can't find a dfdss equivalent to fdr's map. I see the print command
> but can't seem to get a whole volume list of data sets as we do with
> fdr's map. If it exists would someone please point me to it... THANX!!!

I don't know what an FDR MAP does. but if you need to know what datasets
are on a DFDSS dump tape, then run a RESTORE with PARM='TYPRUN=NORUN'

Something like:

//JS010    EXEC  PGM=ADRDSSU,PARM='TYPRUN=NORUN',
//             REGION=0M
//SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*
//TAPE1    DD  DSN=JES2DISK.ADRDSSU,
//             DISP=OLD
//SYSIN    DD  *
 RESTORE  -
    DATASET( -
      INCL( -
       **    -
            ) -
           ) -
    IDD(TAPE1) -
    ADMINISTRATOR -
    TOL(ENQF) WAIT(0,0)

> --
> Brian W. France
> Systems Administrator (Mainframe)
> Pennsylvania State University
> Penn State IT - Infrastructure/SYSARC
> Rm 25 Shields Bldg., University Park, Pa. 16802
> 814-863-4739
> b...@psu.edu
>
> There's no such thing as The Cloud - it's just someone else's computer...
>
> "To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."
>
> Carl Sagan

People in sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.
Maranatha! <><
John McKown

e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286