Hi John,
I am well aware of this capability, and I really do not want to appear to be overly chauvinistic, BUT, VTOC (File 112 on the CBT Tape) beats the pants off of your solution.

Regards,
David

On 2020-06-18 09:36, John McKown wrote:
On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 7:53 AM Brian France <b...@psu.edu> wrote:

   I can't find a dfdss equivalent to fdr's map. I see the print command
but can't seem to get a whole volume list of data sets as we do with
fdr's map. If it exists would someone please point me to it... THANX!!!

I don't know what an FDR MAP does. but if you need to know what datasets
are on a DFDSS dump tape, then run a RESTORE with PARM='TYPRUN=NORUN'

Something like:

//JS010    EXEC  PGM=ADRDSSU,PARM='TYPRUN=NORUN',
//             REGION=0M
//SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*
//TAPE1    DD  DSN=JES2DISK.ADRDSSU,
//             DISP=OLD
//SYSIN    DD  *
  RESTORE  -
     DATASET( -
       INCL( -
        **    -
             ) -
            ) -
     IDD(TAPE1) -
     ADMINISTRATOR -
     TOL(ENQF) WAIT(0,0)

--
Brian W. France
Systems Administrator (Mainframe)

There's no such thing as The Cloud - it's just someone else's computer...

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

Carl Sagan