From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Nightwatch RenBand
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2020 2:57 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [External] Hitachi RAID box going out of support

We have a 10 year old Hitachi RAID box which Hitachi tells us is going out of
support.  Only two applications are left of the old z9 machine but they are
critical.  Latest estimate from programmers is that they will migrate off in 12
to 18 months.
    So, based on you folks experience, is it reasonable to pay extra for an
extended contract and keep the old box?  I know there are other options, but
this appears to be the lowest cost, and easiest.  The question is about how
older RAID boxes hold up in general.

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged.  If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format.  Thank you.