From: "Grant Taylor" <0000023065957af1-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 10:04:36 AM
Subject: DASD migration -- Re: Hitachi RAID box going out of support

On 6/26/20 3:16 AM, R.S. wrote:
> 3. 18 months is close to half of typical service contract for new dasd
> array. Still we don't know how sure is 18 months - maybe it would be 36
> months? Even 12 months means the dasd array would have some residual value.

n00b questions:

1) Is it possible to migrate from old DASD to new DASD?

2) How disruptive would this be to the day-to-day operation of the
existing mainframe?

3) What sort of prerequisites exist for this?

I have some experience with this in the Open Systems environment, but
I'd like to know more about how such a storage migration would be done
in the mainframe world.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die