From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Henri Kuiper [henrikui...@zdevops.com]
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 12:57 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: New Mainframe Community

Wow. What a lot of pushback.

This is (IMHO) precisely what’s wrong with the (generic average)  mainframe
community. New is bad.  Different is bad.

Dudes (m/f) : it’s not the 80s anymore.

That being said : here’s a little “why” for the existence of the thing :
https://secure-web.cisco.com/1XvN1_V6ok1sJNlFaq7Z343XlW_wRn1pLUP1SgDYhckTcNv1FTRNKBGu8BhJjyQFtzWCCdxOEkvQnVbzjpkqyIRWBMVMKO5NSI-_UQmV1T4GP85WyNx0I4tfXKY1GyyBAr7-13umt61eWdwZnJ4bmDSMkvpmk0_byLSjeOa645E40X2BFl2gbfYLVB5tGPd17bav80BvBMpmwbZflaSxkwRKCxNL5XcRfUQPMhpXZWZmUKY1zXMYL7_BESm8M2UUp15dsc7B9m8yYh98BuxkEmTbrJsw_AtpWxwk9--8dv2iecdL4nxNDhXzCt6cDHOu1q85TVJ2MqEpSo446EYbJAKC4r5vEuKvLDlI1DJ2XnTNZopVXqx9eofDzOzd8aDo1iWe_YjyhkhxGMZSC3vWLVdzgWUvbc1ciqLqZXVnjecO_3YH03XnqCv8Bk5um6Tm4/https%3A%2F%2Fzdevops.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F620908065704853504%2Fmainframe-community-mattermost

That being said I’d say “traditional”  peeps like some of the reactions I read
here should probably not even try to see what it is.

There’s no punch cards. No bus&tek. But an easy, modern, new (young) blood
friendly environment where about 100 peeps are having some fun discussing
mainframe things.

No hard feelings.

And a happy weekend !

Sent from my wireless iPhone