[Default] On 29 Jun 2020 18:05:01 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
sme...@gmu.edu (Seymour J Metz) wrote:

>Re FBA, they did it for other systems, and TSS/360 used page formatted volumes
>for everything except compatibility volumes, so from a technical perspective
>it's a no brainer, although direct use of SCSI DASD might make more sense
>these days. Politically, it's a thorny issue. I'd love to see them extend VSAM
>to the level of TSS while they're at it, e.g., VIPAM.

What is the logical difference between VPAM (found it in a TSS360
description) and PDSE except PDSE is an add-on (my opinion of the
decision maker who decreed that PDSE or at least a read-only subset
didn't need to be available for SYS1.PARMLIB, SYS1.NUCLEUS and
SYS1.LPALIB is complete contempt)?

Clark Morris