On 7/3/20 9:46 PM, kekronbekron wrote:
Would love to know more about what your FICON buddy is working on Grant.

Check out Christian Svensson's (@blueCmd [1]) fejkon project on GitHub [2] and his blog (?) [3]. It's all public information.

If you wanna share (prefer off-list?), please email :)

Your email address seems to be specific to the listserve domain, so I don't know if it's you or the list. Feel free to reply directly to me if you want. (My address seems to be coming through unmodified to both my copy and to the bit.listserve.ibm-main Usenet newsgroup.)

Unless IBM explicitly sets up college courses or NDA-tied free-roam access or whatever, it's only going to be the likes of zAcademy, i.e., restricted lab environments to basically market at the command-line, much like walking the dotten line in an acquarium/zoo/etc. (if you turn to your right, you can issue 2 commands to Spark on Z)

I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for IBM to make the mainframe more accessible to hobbyists / students. I think MtM is the extent of their offer.

Funny though, because isn't this exactly what Time Sharing Option was, when it was first introduced?

I don't yet know enough history.  I'm still learning.

[1] https://twitter.com/blueCmd
[2] https://github.com/bluecmd/fejkon
[3] https://blog.mainframe.dev

--