01   BLA-RECORD.
       05       BLA-1          PIC X(3).
       05       BLA-2          PIC S9(8) COMP.

Do you truly wish to assert that BLA-2 is aligned?

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 17:45:37 -0500 Joe Monk <joemon...@gmail.com> wrote:

:>"Subordinate items are not aligned"
:>
:>yeah, no.
:>
:>If an 01 is aligned, then the subordinate 05 under the 01 is also aligned.
:>It has to be this way because of REDEFINES. I cant REDEFINE an unaligned
:>item into an aligned item.
:>
:>77 are aligned because they are standalone, i.e. no grouping.
:>
:>Joe
:>
:>On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 12:07 PM Binyamin Dissen <bdis...@dissensoftware.com>