One call to RACF - according to the description for the STATUS=ACCESS
keyword on the RACROUTE REQUEST=AUTH macro in the RACROUTE manual:

 ACCESS - The request is simply to return the user's highest current access
to the resource specified. Upon successful completion, the user's access is
returned in the RACF reason code. No auditing is done for this request.
Note:
1. If the ATTR= keyword is specified along with STATUS=ACCESS, the ATTR=
keyword is ignored.
2. To use the STATUS=ACCESS keyword, you must specify RELEASE=1.9 or
later.

Lou
--
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity
  - Unknown