From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Immo
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 7:05 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: AW: Web enabled ISPF Application

Hi Lionel,

I would suggest you implement a server application that communicates with
the frontend (web browser) using HTTP/SSL/TLS and with your backend ISPF
application using a server version of a 3270 terminal emulation running
without a GUI.

You can use an OHIO (Open Host Interface Objects) or HLLAPI supporting
emulation that can be used to program a 3270 emulation communication without
a physical operator. This will require you to newly design and implement the
HTML web browser frontend but you will be able to use your ISPF application
without the need of any changes on the mainframe. All you have to do is to
extract the relevant information from your new web interface and feed the
GUI-less server emulation session by filling the 3270 panel fields and
sending the information to your ISPF application. In the opposite direction
your server emulation session will have to extract the information from your
ISPF panels and feed the web interface to present this information to your
web browser users. Since front- and backend are completely decoupled you can
choose any design for your new web browser frontend.

Since the user has to sign on to your mainframe/ISPF application (each user
will have its own mainframe/TSO telnet session as today), your current
system of user authentication will be sufficient.

Please get in touch in case you're interested. Our company provides an OHIO
enabled Java 3270 terminal emulation that our customers have used to
implement solutions to requirements similar to yours.

Regards,
Michael