From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of Tom
Brennan [t...@tombrennansoftware.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2020 1:18 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Started task stopping immediately. No error messages.

I used to type JCLERROR or similar at the top of a proc I didn't want
started.  Like Steve said, this was typically because I was doing some
work on the task in the middle of the night and I didn't want another
sysprog (or more likely automation) starting it up until I was done.
Auditors were sleeping soundly.