No, there was no reason for either.

On 7/26/2020 9:39 AM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 22:18:48 -0700, Tom Brennan wrote:

I used to type JCLERROR or similar at the top of a proc I didn't want
started.  Like Steve said, this was typically because I was doing some
work on the task in the middle of the night and I didn't want another
sysprog (or more likely automation) starting it up until I was done.
Auditors were sleeping soundly.

Did you go through a sequence of renames so that at the end the
original was restored with all its stats quo ante (perhaps restore
from backup), or deliberately leave an audit trail, perhaps by
commenting "//* JCLERROR -- interim"?