On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 11:08:36 -0700 Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

:>I am trying to grasp the implications of "any recovery routines defined for
:>the originating task are propagated to the new
:>Task" in the ATTACH documentation. (It's under STAI/ESTAI but it's not clear
:>to me if it only applies when STAI or ESTAI is in effect.)

:>Here's my question:

:>A main program issues ESTAEX (exit addr != 0). It then issues an ATTACHX
:>with no STAI or ESTAI. While the subtask is still running the user cancels
:>the program. Question: will the ESTAEX exit be driven once (only for the
:>main task) or twice (for the main task and also as "propagated to the new
:>Task")?

ESTAE(X) only applies to the task issuing it, not to subtasks.

http://www.dissensoftware.com