As far as I know, MVS always used only 4K pages in DAT.  My
evidence is that the oldest MVS  IEAVNIP0 source that I can find
unconditionally uses 4K pages in DAT.  What is your evidence?

  The hardware storage keys were still on a 2K basis, so
two SSKs were done for each 4K page, until the >16MB of
real storage support was added to the 3033.  That introduced
the ISKE and SSKE instructions, which required only on SSKE
for a 4K page.  The MVS SP1.3 JBB1326 version of IEAVNIP0
tried an SSKE, and if it didn't program check, assumed that
the machine had the new instructions and DAT support for
>16MB of real stroage.

Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test  IBM Corp.
Poughkeepsie NY

"IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote on
09/02/2020 12:27:34 AM: